Truthfully, I never perfected the mint blend: Starbucks did with their Refreshers™ Cool Lime. Some successful flavors I made were pear mint, melon mint and key lime mint. If I were to mix all these flavors, I’d have Cool Lime Refreshers™; perfection! The Starbucks Via box claims Cool Lime combines kaffir lime, hints of mint, cucumber and apple, but I’m sticking with my interpretation.
Starbucks, I wish I had the guts you had. Great ideas don’t go anywhere on their own, they need courage. I applaud this beverage hope it stays in stores. The Via form of Cool Lime Refreshers™ is too convenient to pass up. At $5.95 for a box of 5 packets, though, I considered not buying it. I justify the cost by sharing my impression with the readers of flavor scientist.com (thank you readers!).
Some facts about the Cool Lime Refreshers™ that I should share:
- It’s difficult to dissolve and clumps
- You don’t taste the Reb A (Stevia Leaf Extract). Erythritol blends well with Reb A to mask the lingering licorice off notes of Reb A.
- Refreshers™ Via is NOT calorie or sugar free. One packet has 70 calories.
- Refreshers™ does not make me jittery, anxious or cause me not to sleep
- Cool Lime Refreshers™ is good with rum
Some facts I want to know:
- How much caffeine in this drink? Can I serve it to my children?
Thank you Marvo at TIB for the heads up on Starbucks Refreshers™ Via. I don’t always agree with your readers comments, but love that you let me know about the latest & greatest: http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2012/06/28/news-starbucks-refreshers-to-come-in-via-form/